Friday, March 14, 2014

Birth Plan Thoughts

One of my pregnancy apps had a little blurb on having a birth plan.  I looked over at G and asked him what our birth plan should be, know he wouldn't have a clue what that meant.  He didn't disappoint.  He said "When it's time, I'll drive you to the hospital." I sat there staring at him and kinda chuckling and then he realized he forgot part of the plan.  "Oh, and we have to have a bag packed."

So there you have it!  Our birth plan.  Lol!

G and I have actually talked about the birth plan before, only he didn't know it was called the birth plan.  But G's version is Mich more condensed.

I'm pretty open to our birth plan.  We have an idea of what we want to do, but I know things can change and happen so I am not set in stone on anything.  I am probably going to get the epidural.  I know people have mixed feelings on this but that is why it's MY birth plan and not anyone else's.  I don't have anything to prove.  I just want my baby.  I'm also a bit concerned with back labor.  I have had nothing but back pain through this pregnancy so far and it just makes me worried.  And from what I've heard, back labor is the screaming shits!!!  So if getting the epidural makes me "weak" then so be it.  Like I said, I just want my baby safe and sound.  That is the core of the birth plan.

As far as labor goes, I don't think I will mind having people in the room as long as I can stay focused.  When it gets intense or close to time to push, G will be the only one in there.

Like I said, I realize all this stuff could change, and I'm open to that.  I have obviously not been through birth before so I dont really know fully what to expect other than what i have read and what others have told me.  One part of my that we are pretty set in stone on is we want to spend a half hour by ourselves with baby before we let people in to come see.  We just want a moment to ourselves, our first few moments as a family of 3, to soak it in.

5 more months!!!  Aaahhh!!!

4 comments:

JaneJ said...

I had back pain both pregnancies, yet not a smidgen of back labor...I went prepared with tennis balls and lots of massage instructions for your dad if it occurred. Neither was necessary. Try not to worry too much about this. Low back issues are not a guarantee of back labor, by any means.
Trust your mama on this one.

Nessa said...

I'm not expecting back labor, just preparing myself. I know back pain is super common in pregnancy but I have not had one moment of relief since IVF. It is debilitating is the fact that it is the only thing keeping me from doing other workouts. PT is helping, though. Hopefully it will continue to ease up. I'm not saying i will for sure have it. But I just want to be prepared.

Anonymous said...

I think more power to you with the epidural. I know that I am much to big of a whiner to make it when that time comes! :) I know a few friends who actually had extended back pain at the epidural site. It might be something to discuss with the anesthesiologist.

Have you looked into a fancy hospital gown? They have some pretty cool ones out there! :)

JaneJ said...

How is this for a birthplan: PUSH!!!!!!!!!!