Before I launch into my update for the week, I just gotta say that I cannot believe how many people checked out my last baby bump post. I am totally overwhelmed!! Most of my post get between 30-70 views each...depending how boring they are. Haha! But my bump pics got 750 views the last I checked!! In don't even think I know that many people! Makes me feel super loved so thank you to everyone that stopped by my blog to show me some love!!!! It means a lot to have so much love being sent our way!!!
How Far Along: 16 weeks exactly.
Baby this Week: I can't remember if I said anything about this last week, but baby can hear us now. Of course the main thing it can hear right now with its tiny little ears is my heartbeat and then it can hear our muffled voices. We've been talking to baby since before it could hear but it is kinda neat knowing it can actually hear us now. Baby is about the size of an avocado (4.5-5 inches) from crown to rump! Baby is working on filling out its fat and muscles and is supposed to double its weight in the next few weeks! Its movements are becoming a little more controlled as well. Also the skeletal system is developing more as calcium is deposited on the bones.
Symptoms: Still dealing with headaches. I've started letting myself have a chai on days where it's really persistent in hopes that the caffeine will help. It's not much caffeine but enough to take the edge off. And I only do that when I've had the headache for a full day. I'm also pretty much hungry ALL the time so I'm trying to be careful about what I'm eating. And of course, backaches! Our 16 week checkup is tomorrow so I am gonna ask about ideas for my back. I'm not sure if that's something I might need some PT for or not, but it's not getting much better so we'll see. And I don't know if this would be considered a symptoms so much, but every time I swim, I can feel baby. Though, I am not sure if it's actual movement or if I can just feel it it there. It's really bazaar! Maybe it's the fact that my body feels weightless in the pool and just allows me to feel my uterus and baby in there, but it's a really cool feeling!
Food Cravings/Aversions: This past week, I really wanted Cole slaw and peach cobbler! I let myself have the slaw, but restrained myself on the cobbler. Instead, I got stuff for peach smoothies and made a few of those so it wasn't so bad. No aversions this week, really!
Sleep: Not much change here. Still having trouble. But that's ok. I'm feeling good enough during the day now that the crappy sleep isn't as bad. And besides, baby is so worth all of it!
Weight: I stepped on the scale at the gym this morning. 163. I can't remember if that's what it was last week or not but I did read that it's normal at this stage to be gaining about a pound a week. I read that my uterus alone weighs about 8 pounds now! Baby itself only weighs about 3 ounces so my uterus is definitely taking up the bulk of the room in there. Plus, of course, the extra blood volume! And I swear, my boobs alone have gained 20 pounds per boob! Lol
Goals for the Week: I need new underwear!!!!! And my mom is coming over and wants to buy me a good supportive maternity bra so my "melons don't turn into pancakes." Her words. Lol. But all I could think of when she said that was how much I wanted pancakes! Hahaha! See. Food on the brain.
So there you have it. I'm posting my belly pic even though it is only a fee days later than my last one. I think I actually look a bit smaller in this one. I must have had some extra bloat going the other day. Still, no denying the belly is growing, though.
3 comments:
So cute, Nessie! Your post about a new bra made me lol. Thanks for that. Sounds like everything is going great so far! You are all baby and just a little bit. So darling! Love and miss you, cuz. Maybe I can do a spartan with you someday. I would like that.
Anne, I would loooove to do the Spartan with you. I'm going this year, but as a spectator so I can support Aprill and all my other fitness friends!!! Mom is thinking of doing in with me in 2015 and I told her we would stay together! So maybe think about doing it with us then as a family! That could be really fun! I love and miss you, too! I think my Baby shower (party) is being planned for July 5th. It's just going to be backyard BBQ type situation, super casual and people can bring their guys too. Would love it if you could make it!!! You can bring your kiddos too!
Beautiful =)
Post a Comment