I wish I had a painting already started! I would like to mindlessly zone out and paint!!! In 2003 (I think), my older brother wanted me to paint him a purple gorilla in a business suit and a briefcase, with a yellow background. Well, he currently has this painting downstairs in his gaming room. And Every time I look at it, I have to laugh a little because of how much I have grown since then. So I decided that for Christmas, I am going to repaint his request, but with my updated painting skills. I wish I had that one started. The prep stuff is the least fun part! But, also one of the most important parts.
I know what I'm painting for my bestie, too. I'm not going to say because I gave her the link to this blog. I don't know if she reads it, but I better play it safe. But all I can say is, I'm excited for it! I can't wait to really get into that one!!! It's going to take a while, too!!!
I'm having a hard time picking something to paint for Garrett, too. He loves the pinup style, so I thought about doing a pinup of myself as a pinup. But it's weird to paint yourself...especially as a sexy-type figure when I don't consider myself as such. Just kind of weird. I'll have to think about this one.
I'm excited to get some painting parties in. It's usually just me and my BFF and sometime her little boy, but it's so fun! And I love that they paint with me! Most people won't paint with me. So it's so fun to have a painting buddy (or 2) these days! And not only that, but I know she is painting me something for Christmas!! That's exciting for me too. I don't get very many paintings as gifts, especially from people that have never painted until the last year or so. That's exciting stuff for me!
ANYWAY. It's obvious I'm trying to keep myself busy in order not to obsess. Haha! It's not obsessing if you sit here and tell yourself to quit obsessing over and over, right? lol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment