Friday, May 2, 2014

Missing the workout buddy!!!

First off, let me say I am thankful to not be on bedrest and be able to do little things like swim and physical therapy exercises.

That being said, I've been a bit bummed the last day or so because May is usually the day Aprill and I start Insanity.  Don't get me wrong...I would NOT change anything for any reason.  I'm beyond thankful for what I am doing instead.  BUT I'm still just a tad bit sad because I miss my workout partner.  We went from working out every day together for the last couple years to not working out ever together and being on our own.  I know that's not the worst thing that could happen.  Plenty of people work out on their own.  I guess we were just a bit spoiled to have each other in that respect!  And I miss it.  I saw a girl and her workout partner at the gym yesterday laughing and having fun, figuring out their next workout and I wanted to push both of them over!  Hahaha!  Now I know why Aprill and I get dirty looks at the gym. 

BUT, really, I have 3.5 months left.  That's not bad at all.  I am starting to miss my muscle dimples and miss looking down at my thighs and actually liking what I see.  But this is all for baby!  And again, I'd gain a million pounds and be pregnant for 3 years if I had to for a child.  I can get my body back into shape...even if it's not the same shape as before...I can get healthy again.  And I will cherish every damn stretch mark, my saggy boobs...all of it.  Because in 3.5 months, I get to meet the little person I've been growing and dreaming about for so long!!!  No doubt it will be worth it.  I know the missing my workout buddy is only temporary.  And a very small thing to be sad about in the grand scheme of things.  I guess I'm just ready for this little booger to be here!!!

In other news, I am not officially in the week of viability!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!  I do my glucose tolerance test next week and we start birth classes on Monday!  CRAZY BUSINESS!!!!!!  With every milestone we hit, it becomes more and more real!!!!

1 comment:

JaneJ said...

By the end of summer you will be able to look down and actually see your feet for the first time in a couple of months. Think of how exciting that will be. Once that happens, there is no stopping you. I know you!!! Once you decide something, it's pretty much a done deal.