I ended up calling in to the on call OB today because I've been having some spotting the last few days. Woke up this morning with spotting so I thought, well hey, maybe I should just call to be on the safe side. I may be a little extra cautious, but I think when another life is involved, that should be OK. Right?
Well, the reason people feel like they are asking stupid questions and bothering nurses and doctors are because of the kinds of responses I got this morning. I will probably never call a doctor other than my own again. You'd think the concern about spotting and cramping would warrant a call just to get some input. But apparently not. The on call OB acted like I was a complete moron. Whether or not that was intentional...who knows. But I felt like I ruined her day. My OB told me to call no matter how seemingly small my concern might be and to never feel bad about it or that I'm inconveniencing anyone. So I suppose if I have any concerns on the weekend again, I'll just hold off until Monday from now on.
I plan on calling tomorrow anyway...even though the on call OB told me I was "probably" fine. And I probably am. But I didn't feel very reassured by all the excessive yawning going on on the other end of the phone and lack of concern on her part. I felt like my concerns were not taken very seriously. No, I don't think it's a super threatening situation, but I think it should still be addressed. If it's a UTI, I probably shouldn't just let it fester and stew. My symptoms seem to line up with one. Cloudy pee. Excess discharge. Spotting. Lower abdominal cramping. Feeling like I have to pee all the time...even right after I go.
But I supposed it can wait until tomorrow. I will say, the person I talked to first in Labor and Deliver was super sweet and I felt like she had way more concern than the on call OB. I don't know if she was a nurse or what, but thank you to her for taking my concerns seriously...even if it ends up being nothing!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What was this so call OB? I want to know.
I mean...Who was this so called Ob?
Post a Comment