Friday, April 4, 2014

Oh No!! I'm THAT person!!!

I'm still so affected by infertility.  Now that I'm getting to the point where I am visibly pregnant, I feel bad being out in public because as an infertile woman, I remember those days when just seeing a pregnant woman was so painful,  and now here I am, all pregnant, causing pain to the very people I want to help.  I know what you are all thinking.  How could I possibly help that?  It's not like I can suck it in and hide it.  Well, I can't help it.  And that's what sucks.  It just is the way it is.  But it does make me want to wear a sign around saying I went through 7 years of infertility to get my baby so that I could be someone who might provide a little bit of hope rather than despair.

Really, I DON'T want to hide it.  I mean, obviously I worked my ass off and went through hell to get here.  I'm proud of my bump and the little nugget growing in there!!!  I guess I will always have a soft spot for those still struggling.  But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't happy to look down and see my feet starting to disappear!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just the fact that you have such compassion and care regarding the people who haven't gotten pregnant yet shows your depth of character. I know deep down they appreciate you care about the way your growing little one can make them feel sad. It is touching to me that you are so aware about all of these, mainly because you have been through them, but you don't ever forget the path it took to get you where you are. You have amazing things coming for you lady, you have a beautiful and kind soul.