Sunday, April 20, 2014

Neat!





Here's a bonus post for the day!  It's kind of cool to see the progression!  It's also kinda cool that I'm still about 25lbs lighter in the last pic than the first pic, and 50ish lbs lighter than my heaviest ever weight!  And I'm 5 months pregnant!!!!!

 In the first pic, I was never able to even get all the way through a fertility cycle because my ovaries would not produce a mature follicle or respond properly to medication.  By the second picture, my body was responding to fertility medications and I was able to complete several Intrauterine Insemination's.  IVF was our key, though.  Our IVF specialist said that by me taking the steps to get as healthy as I could, I dramatically increased the chances of our success, which is what you see in the 3rd picture!  Everyone's journey is different!  This was mine.  And worth every heart wrenching moment!

I guess this is just a very summed up version of my infertility/fitness story.  I worked my ass off to get healthy.  Getting healthy allowed me a better chance at getting pregnant through treatments.  So thankful I took control of my life!!!  Even if I had not gotten pregnant, getting healthy was still one of the smartest decisions I've ever made!!!!  And I'm super excited to get back to my normal workouts and eating habits!!!  Until then, I will continue to swim, do my physical therapy, and resistance workouts!