Thursday, April 10, 2014

Almost a year ago today was when I first truly felt myself ready to be done with infertility treatments. I was tired and in the middle of IUI #3.  At the end of that one, I pleaded with God to just please give me a child and please let these treatments work because I didn't feel like I had much left in me.  I didn't want to live my life that way any longer.  Somehow, I mustered up the strength to do 2 more IUI's after that one and 1 IVF!!!!  It's crazy how much strength you can muster up even after feeling like you are done!!!!

We got our crib yesterday.  It was a deeply emotional moment when I set it up.  It kind of caught me off guard too.  All the sudden, there I was...sitting in the middle of the floor, crib pieces scattered everywhere; a moment I had dreamt about for years and never really knew if it would happen or not.  So crazy!  It was one of those reality check moments.  Sometimes, this pregnancy almost just feels like a big old dream so every once in a while, I get caught off guard by the fact that, yes, I'm definitely pregnant and this is definitely happening!

We are coming up on the week of viability, which is the week the baby would have a 50% chance of survival outside the womb.  We have about 2.5 more weeks left to get there.  That's another milestone I will be happy to get to and surpass!!!

1 comment:

JaneJ said...

Like Jack said on my FB page today, this kiddo is going to have quite a story. It will be so fun when Baby Z is old enough to understand how very special their life is.
And never will he/she have to wonder if they were a wanted child. That's for certain.