Wednesday, April 2, 2014

20 week update!!!

I better do my update before iups too late!!!  I slacked on last week so I should probably not skip this weeks!!!

How Far Along:  20 weeks (and 2 days)

Baby This Week:  Baby is about 7 inches from crown to rump, or the size of a small cantelope.  Starting next week, they start measuring from head to toe.  The reason they measure from crown to rump prior to that is its too hard to measure the legs earlier because they are usually all scrunched up until this point!  Baby's skin is getting a waxy like substance on it called "vernix" to protect its skin from becoming scratched or chapped!  It's also starting to build up meconium, which we will most likely be seeing in that first diaper!

Symptoms:  Still feeling good for the most part!  I think I am on the tail end of possibly a 24 hour bug.  I spent 17 hours straight in bed since yesterday.  Finally felt good enough to move out to the couch around 11 this morning, though I've been on the couch since.  I did feel good enough to take a shower and put on fresh PJ's!!!  Other than that little snag, been doing good.  My back has been doing better!  My biggest complaint would be headaches.  But still, nothing to remotely even complain about...especially since I can feel my baby move all throughout the day.  I am incredibly blessed to be where I'm at right now!!!

Cravings/Aversions:  Still want Popsicles!!!!  I just need to make some from fruit!!!  Also been eating lots of eggs and pumpkin seeds.  Still no strong aversions, though I don't like the lingering smell of steak in the house after it's been cooked and eaten.

Sleep:  I'm able to get more comfortable...but the frequency in which I have to get up and pee has increased dramatically!  According to our latest ultrasound, baby was positioned with it's head right up against my bladder.  I'm sure it's moved since then, but baby's getting big enough to squish my bladder!  =)

Weight:  This one is getting to me a bit.  I had a major meltdown because I didn't have much for maternity clothes and I was trying to fit in to my normal clothes.  According to my OB, I am up about 15 pounds, which is normal for this stage.  But if I go by my weight prior to IVF, I'm up about 20.  But I will say, since getting some more maternity clothes, it's not bothering me nearly as much!!!

Goals for the Week:  I would like to get the office cleaned up, organized and painted but in light of my recent state of being sick, I am going to change this goal to getting laundry done and cleaning the house!  I think that may be a little more attainable!

No comments: