Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Reason for Working Out

When I first started working out, my entire drive was for fertility.  That was THE reason I started and why I kept going.  I have worked so hard and come so far, physically and mentally.  Honestly, it's the mental part that is the biggest struggle.  I've been having a rough week this week during my workouts.  Bawling at the end of them and sometimes through them.  But I keep on going.  They just keep getting harder and harder.  That's a good thing though because that means I'm getting stronger. 
 
But after doing some thinking last night and the better part of the morning, I have come to discover that I don't just work out for the fertility stuff anymore.  It's a big motivator no doubt, but I work out because I want and need to have a good life, whether or not I get to have children.  I want to be able to be out enjoying my life everyday.  And that is hindered by poor health.  I had let myself go for a variety of reasons (or excuses, rather.)  But now that I am slowly coming up on the other side of that, I don't ever want to get back to where I was.  I'm struggling mentally with the infertility right now, but at least I can rest assured that I am being pro-active about it and not just whining!  That in itself, makes me feel a million times better.
 
I know it probably seems like I might be a tad obsessed, and that's part of the reason I'm putting this on here rather than Facebook, but the fact that I can control my fitness and health is comforting when I have absolutely no control over my reproductive organs.  So I can hold on to that for now.
I'm ending this post with some pics I took this morning after I woke up and, after glancing in the mirror, really felt like I'm starting to love my body again.  I've been working soooooo hard and felt I have earned the right to be proud of the progress.  

This one is me trying on the bridesmaid dress I wore to my brothers wedding 2 years ago!!!!!



2 comments:

Kelly said...

Seriously girl. You look so amazing! I think it's great to be focused on your fitness and health (I don't think your obsessed at all)... you need that and your art and all your other passions so that infertility doesn't take over like it so easily can. Keep it up! I'm anxiously awaiting news from your U/S.

Nessa said...

Thanks, Kelly!!! I'm getting ready to update on here, but I know that you saw my Facebook update!!!! Woot Woot!!