It's been a little while since I posted. I think it goes without saying that I've been a tad busy adjusting to mommyhood...which is amazing! Mason will be 4 weeks on Wednesday! So crazy. I love him to bits!
What is crazy is how weak I am! People tell me not to worry about working out and to just enjoy being a mom. Well the thing is, being so weak is affecting my ability to be a good mom. Just going from sitting to standing with Mason in my arms is a task. Or trying to pull him out of the bassinet from the bed is difficult! I need my strength back!!! Working out is not for vanity reasons! I miss being strong and not having think about how I'm going to stand up with my son in my arms!!! My core strength is atrocious after spending 3 months laying down.
In other news, today is our 8th anniversary. I can't believe it's been 8 years! It's the first we are spending as parents! And the first we will be leaving Mason with a "babysitter." Of course that babysitter is Garrett's mom and I know Mason will be just fine! But it's still tough. We joked about just getting drive through and then picking him back up. Lol. We won't, cuz I think its important for G and I to still have time together. But it was funny to joke about, anyway!
For our anniversary I got G a workout outfit. It means a lot to me that he is getting healthy with me. We aren't working out together but we will be cheering each other on! It really does feel like I'm starting all over so having him be in the same boat helps! We both feel like we owe it to Mason to be role models in taking care of ourselves!
Anyway, I don't really have much else! Just loving being a mom and looking forward to having my strength back soon! Now that I'm not doing fertility treatments or going through an emotional and rocky pregnancy, my updates are kinda boring and few and far between! Lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment