Sunday, August 17, 2014
Almost 3 Weeks Post Partum
So I'm back down in the 180's! My highest during pregnancy was about 210. So I had about a 55 lb weight gain. It's kinds hard not to gain when you're not allowed to do anything.
Anyway, so while I'm glad the weight is coming down a bit, it's a bit deceiving as I'm really REALLY weak. So it will be good to feel strong again! It's nice when everyday things, such as carrying all your groceries in in one trip is easy and doesn't wind you.
Even as weak as I am, it feels good to shed some of that wright. My carpal tunnel is still very bothersome. I can't grip things. My fingers are still tingly and numb. And I can't open bottles of any kind. BUT, I got one if those wrist braces and I think it's helping. I noticed a smidge of feeling coming back after 3 days of wearing it. So I'm gonna hope for the best there.
Mason is doing well. His circumcision is pretty much healed. He seemed more upset about being strapped down than the actual procedure. He goes in for a check up on that tomorrow. I feel better knowing that it is done and that he won't remember it. And I also feel better knowing his risk of infection is lowered. Regardless of your stance on circumcision, I respect everyone's decisions they've made about their child. Please do the same for our decision. I'm not asking anyone to agree. G and I discussed it with each other and medical professionals.
Anyway. I forgot to point out my milk leakage in those pics. Lol. I could choose to change my shirt and take a different pic...but that's just way too much work for this tired momma bear.
Overall, things are going swimmingly in the Zanto house. I love being a mom. It's so amazing that even after all that time of being able to build up mommyhood in my mind, reality of being a mom still far exceeds anything I could have dreamt up. Yes, I'm tired and sometimes I wonder if I'm doing things "right" (as I'm sure every parent does) buthe bottom line is, there is nothing better in this world to me than being a mommy!!!!
P.s. I'm not proofreading this so I hope you can muddle through it ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You look great lady!!
Post a Comment