Thursday, October 17, 2013

The IVF Consultation

We had our IVF consultation!  It went extremely well.  I wish I would have updated this thing while it was all still fresh in my mine.  I'm mentally exhausted, but I want to at least write a little about it.

We met with our IVF doctor.  He was very impressed with the work that I've been doing to get healthy and he even was surprised at how good my ovaries and uterus looked!  And I just HAPPEN to be on CD3 on the day of our appointment which meant that we could get pretty much all of the preliminary blood work done THAT DAY!!  I could not have planned that any better!  By the time we finished our appointment, we pretty much knew we were going forward with a cycle.

So as of right now, we are shutting my system down.  I'm on BCP and I will start lupron injections on November 5th.  So very crazy how fast this is happening!

I'm not being quite so loud about the details on FB because I'm just trying to keep myself as chill as possible.  So those of you that have stuck with me through all these years on here (I think that is just you, Kelly!), you get to know the details!!!!  =)

As excited as I am to finally be here starting an IVF cycle, I had a little meltdown this morning.  I just felt overwhelmed then slightly pissed that my body just doesn't work the way it's supposed to and that we even need to go through IVF.  I got pissed that I have to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to inject myself with hormones just for the CHANCE to get pregnant and have a baby with the man I love. 

I question whether we are doing the right thing!  Every time I think about the money part, my heart sinks.  But then again, every time I think that there is possibility of being pregnant by Christmas, and having a baby before 2014 Christmas, that sinking feeling goes away.  I suppose that is my answer right there.

No comments: