Ok, So, as you know, I have become quite a workout/fitness junkie in the past couple years! To the point that I need to force myself to take rest days and let my body take a break. Well, I have been instructed to refrain from any "strenuous exercise or heavy lifting" after suppression check on November 14th! Every workout I do is strenuous and every workout I do is strenuous. My typical workout week looks like this"
Sunday: Workout outside (life tire flips, etc) Lift
Mon: HIIT class in A.M. and lift in the afternoon
Tues: HIIT class in A.M and lift in early afternoon, sometimes Zumba in the evening
Wed: HIIT class in A.M., Core class then Zumba in the evening
Thur: HIIT class in A.M. and lift in early afternoon
Fri: Usually used as a rest day. Sometimes swap out Friday rest day for Sunday
Sat: Zumba (pretty much a rest day)
So that is pretty much all strenuous. My bestie, who teaches those classes and is my workout partner is already laying the smack down though. Haha! Come November 14th, she is going to make DAMN sure I'm not doing any strenuous exercise because I think she wants this IVF to work as much as my hubs and I do!
It is going to be very hard for me to tone it down. VERY hard! I will still go to class, but I will be doing all of the modified versions of the exercises. So no dynamic movements and everything will be slowed down. GAH! Its killing me just thinking about it. We have our second consultation (via phone) with Dr. D. and I'm going to be asking about the lifting. If lighter weights or resistance bands are ok.
It's so silly to be worried about this! But dammit! I totally am! lol. Working out super duper hard is my stress relief! I feel like I'm going to need it during an IVF cycle. BUT, I suppose it would be a good time to maybe focus more on the yoga-type stuff!
In the end, if this IVF thing works, sacrificing my crazy-ass workouts will be small potatoes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I know that will be super hard for you, BUT I can't think of a better reason!
November 14th is so frickin' close!!!!!!!
Post a Comment