Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yucky Tummy, Short Hair, and Annoying Questions

I'm feeling rather yuck-O today. I stayed up super late watching Lost (the in-law's tivo'd it for us since we don't have cable.) I'm tired, and my stomach is back to feeling yucky. Not sure if it was something I ate or just a random yuckiness. I just got back from working out. Not so sure if it was a good idea to go or not. Perhaps if I can ever get down to my target weight, I will cut my hair short again:



And yes, yes, I know. I was going through the "I need to take 900 million pictures of myself from every angle" phase in my life...but give me a break. I was only 19 in the picture. I'll probably never be able to pull that look off again.

I'm almost a month closer to being able to try again. Which almost makes me nervous because of the whole weight thing. But I'm working on it.

I had a lady ask me today if I had any children. I swear, that question gets harder and harder to answer. I'm pretty sure I made her uncomfortable when I said, "nooo, but my husband and I are working on it." I could have launched into the whole infertility thing and REALLY made her feel bad...but then I have to tell myself that people aren't trying to be nosey or hurtful. (most of them anyway.)

My least favorite question to answer from family is "when are you guys going to have kids?" I have been being more open with my ENTIRE family about where Garrett and I are at...because honestly, I just don't think people realize how hard it is to be an "infertile couple" and perhaps the more people that know what we are going through, the more knowledgeable and considerate people will be when talking to us (and hopefully anyone else that may be going through the same thing.) I don't mind talking about it. I'm an open book. Ask away. I just hate assumptions, "advice" when I'm not asking for it, and people second-guessing what we are doing as far as medical stuff goes. (i.e. Are you sure that safe/neccessary) Hmmm..let's see, I don't ovulate...EVER. I rarely have a period. I have PCOS. DH has low sperm count and "gunky" semenal fluid which is causing low motility... I think all the extra medical stuff IS neccessary.

If there's one thing I have learned trying to concieve for 3 years, it's our baby/babies will be so wanted and so loved, no matter how they come to us. If there is ever a test to see how bad you want something, this is it. And we are still 100% devoted to becoming parents even after 36 long months of heartache...

4 comments:

Nessa said...

Alena, thanks for following along and the nice compliments!!!

-Nessa

Kelly said...

Oooo I love you with short hair!!! I wish I had the jaw line for it, but unfortunately I have the jaw and neck of a 70 year old. :(

Recently I was at a book club meeting (yeah, I'm that dorky) and my best friend revealed to the group that she was expecting. We were the last two without babies, so they all turned to me and said, "Well come on Kelly! It's your turn. What are you waiting for!?"

Knife to the heart... ouch.

Nessa said...

Kelly, thank you! My jawline is currently under about 7 chins anymore. haha! Well, that's a little excessive, but I'm hoping I will be able to pull that look off again someday. I loooved having short hair. I went through so many phases with my hair...

I can't say anything about book clubs making you a "dork" because I'm pretty sure I go to midnight release parties...for VIDEO GAMES. So honestly, the book club thing sounds pretty rad to me.

And yeah...ouch on that comment. I've had similar comments made to me as well. Let me guess what you did. You half chuckled and tried to laugh it off and said something to the effects of "yeahh, i suppose it is our turn." Or "We'll get right on that" which was probably followed by a semi-uncomfortable laugh. but you were crying on the inside. That's how I handle those kinds of situations anyway. ughh..

Kelly said...

Yes, exactly. :)