I suppose I should update about my ultrasound I had on Tuesday. I'm ovulating from my left side this time. Well, hopefully I will be. My dominant follie was only 13 so we are giving it a couple more days to hopefully ripen. I go back in tomorrow (Friday) for another ultrasound. Then hopefully IUI day will be on Sunday. Pleeease! I'm nervous that my follie will just stop growing.
Even though I'm a little discouraged about the follie size, for some stupid reason, I'm excited that it's my left ovary that working this time. The other 3 IUI's it's been my right one. I know it doesn't make a difference, but I guess you will look for anything to get excited about at this point. Haha!
The cool part about the appointment was my Dr. had a student in there (yeah, it really doesn't matter who or how many people are down there in my business anymore), and she was kind of showing her the ropes. Well, as she was explaining the ultrasound and my ovaries to her, she said that I was the posted child for what to do if you have PCOS. She said that my ovaries are half the size that they used to be and that I have completely done a 180 since I started seeing her in 2010. It was really nice to hear and she was clearly proud. It makes me wonder how many people just rely on medication to correct their pcos. I quit taking metformin almost a year ago and my ovaries look better than they EVER have. THAT is something to be proud of, I think.
Emotionally, I've been doing better this cycle. But I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have so much to keep my mind occupied. Mostly this art show coming up in Bozeman and trying to get some paintings done to sell. Plus there is an art contest that I would love to do. Don't know if there will be enough time for that one, but I can hope!
But yes, I think that it is definitely helping with my emotional state. I'm sure if something goes wrong or doesn't work, I will still be utterly crushed and have to go through that whole process again, but I will worry about that later! For now, I am going to try to remain even keeled as I can and I guess we'll see what the ultrasound has to say tomorrow.
Come on, left ovary! I know you are shy, and a little on the slow side, but maybe you are the key! You got this, little buddy! You're doing such a good job!!!! You gotta outshine that right ovary who is clearly an attention whore. No offense, right ovary. You do a good job, too and I'm super proud of you. But, ya know, we gotta give that left one some motivation!!!!
Sometimes, I feel like I'm borderline crazy. Haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment